Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fat Tuesday at St Anthony's


Tuesday, February 5th was truly a super day.

It was the 101st day of school at St Anthony IC.
It was the final day of Mardi Gras (French for Fat Tuesday.)

It was Super Tuesday. the 1st California presidential primary I've ever voted in that has actually been important.
And it was a glorious, sunny spring day.

I was invited to visit St Anthony Immaculate Conception K-8 Elementary School in my own Bernal Heights. I walked from my house and prancing along beside me came my border collie, Lucy.















We arrived at school and were greeted
at the door by Christopher,Teacher Danny Ballesteros, and Sister Monahan, the Principal. We gathered in Mr Ballersteros' classroom and--after Lucy was lovingly patted by everyone, I read a Miss Bindergarten book aloud and drew a story with the kindergartners, 1st and 2nd graders.

The Kindergartners presented me with a book of their drawings of themselves as animals.

It was a SUPER DAY!

No comments: