Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Miniature Miss Bindergarten

Sally Lonn wrote to me and sent these
photos. I think this is
the most
adorable
"Doll House" I've ever seen!
Thank you, Sally!
"About two years ago I wrote to you about creating Miss Bindergarten in miniature. I worked in the scale one inch equals one foot. I found a fabulous doll artist, Annie Willis from Surrey, England who captured Miss B. and her parrot just perfectly. I exhibited this scene at the Seattle Dollhouse September show:
http://miniatures.about.com/od/miniaturescommunity/ig/
Seattle-Fall-Show-2007/1-12-Scale-Miss-Bindergarten.htm
and won a second place prize
.
The room box spent time in the Kindergarten class I was subbing in for a month and the next several we
eks at the Dollhouse Cottage in Kirkland, Washington. It was a huge hit with the children where I was teaching and other classes came for a visit too. Teachers are asking me to take it to their classrooms next September, which I hope to do. I hope you will feel that I was true to your illustrations. I added some details that reflect my own classroom of 13 years.

Behind the teacher desk is a whole cabinet of supplies, paste bottle, pencils, markers, crayons, and scissors, ready for use. In this day and age I couldn't forget a computer. I made many of the furniture pieces. On the tables are real puzzles, books and alphabet cards. By the door is a hamster in his cage. I don't know how much detail you can see but I hope you enjoy looking."











No comments: