Wednesday, November 28, 2007

1st Grade Artistic geniuses







FOR the past 4 years I've had the honor of being invited by Susan Faust, Katherine Delmar Burke School Librarian and book reviewer extraordinaire, to present an assembly to the 1st graders.
This year I was excited to receive my audience of 6 and 7 year olds in the gleaming new library. There is a sweet presentation area with half round seating, cute stools, a pull down screen and great acoustics.
The girls and I had our usual great time, looking at slides and making up an awesome story, starring many of them as "humanals".
I believe that 1st graders everywhere are natural artistic geniuses. They are uninhibited, love color and movement and draw freely from their imaginations.
The artists at KDBS are no exception. Here are some of my favorite images from their thank you notes.

1 comment:

Library man said...

Hi Ashley
Great to have this blog. I can't figure out how to make general comments, so I am replying here. Hope you get many responses. Have fun signing books tomorrow. G